ADDLife! Studio lands a story in the St. Louis American Newspaper

5:09 AM

Months after cracking open 5-pound books and writing 20-page papers to gain a master's degree at an Ivy-League university, Malena Amusa realized she had much more to learn about life.
"I always prided myself on academic achievement and going to the best schools," said the 26-year-old founder of *ADDLife! World*, an events and media firm. "But somehow along the way, my knack for living utterly fearlessly got lost. I was leaving behind my happy-go-lucky girlhood and this terrified me."

http://www.stlamerican.com/entertainment/living_it/article_0cddaff6-29d7-11e0-bd83-001cc4c03286.html

In fact, Amusa's career as a reporter compelled her to leave America after school and travel to India and Africa. While abroad, she grappled frantically with her chance to understand and change the world.

"In India I witnessed births and deaths occur in such rapid succession, I felt I better hurry up and figure out what life is all about," Amusa said. "If it weren't for the incredible adults, creative friends and out-spoken guides to motivate me, I'd probably be a crawling around an Indian ashram, hugging my pet elephant. That's to say, while college was the door to opportunity, learning fromreal amazing people truly opened my eyes. And now I know, life is all about laughing at impossibility."

Now, Amusa hopes to benefit the lives of others and by hosting master classes led by "the unbeatable and determined professionals" who helped her see seize the rainbows in the sky.

The master classes are offered at ADDLife! Studio and provide participants a high dose of fun and learning to spur self discovery and uncommon personal development.

The first round of classes start in February and they feature adventurous and intelligent courses in singing, acting, memoir writing, and loving.

"You won't be in the class struggling to prop up your tired head," Amusa said. "The classes are like an action-packed talk with your smartest friend and a certified way to gain a magical skill."

Amusa is most proud of her studio's first workshops on relationships.

"My father, who is my best guide, is going to lead workshops on love," Amusa said. "It helps that he has raised four pretty-ok children and published a book on love."

Walle Amusa, also a veteran civil rights leader, will kick-off the studio with two preliminary sessions this January entitled "Love: A Tell All."

"My dad gets to the heart of love's controversies, and its powers and tools," Amusa said. "And I'm there to ask, ‘So tell me dad, how hard did you to work to get the first date with my mother?'"

Reflecting on the launch of the studio, Walle Amusa said: "What better way to start a learning studio than to unpack the most profound concept in the universe, love. And with love being the foundation, ADDLife! Studio will help heal the human spirit and benefit the world, starting with St. Louis."

ADDLife! Studio is located at 625 N. Euclid Ave. The ‘Love: A Tell All' workshops, led by author Walle Amusa will take place Feb. 2 at 6pm and Feb. 5 at 2pm. Full master classes start in February. Learn more at: http://www.addlifeworld.com/.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Thats a Terrific Job u doing Malena.... Wish you luck for your future endeavours... Greetings from India... Regards, Kapil Arora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kapil!
    My dancing hero! Thanks for your support. When I return to India, we are going to have even more fun. I'm bringing Add Life! and of course, some African dance madness... Get ready my friend!
    Malena

    ReplyDelete

Archive: Popular Posts